Sonntag, 1. Januar 2012

World of Warcraft 2011

2011 was a quite good year for me in WOW. Time for me to write my first review...

What were you most excited about in the past year?

A really great part is the fact that I'm going to make a dream come true: to have every class at maxlvl before the new expansion comes out. In Classic and BC, there was only my druid, which is still my main character. I never played an alt, except my dwarf paladin, he hit lvl 33 after 2 days of leveling, three days before the 2nd expansion came out.
Everything started in the middle era of WotLK. My second lvl80-character was my Death Knight, I guess. I loved to tank with her in frost specc... Then followed my paladin. Before I tell you the whole story about every toon: in WotLK, there hit seven characters maxlvl. Druid, paladin, DK, Warrior, Priest, Hunter on my main realm and my shaman on a pvp one.
Since Cataclysm I am a real Altoholic. Raiding is boring to me since I killed my favourite WOW character as a realm first: Arthas <3 and so I created toons on so many realms... I also activated my second account, so I can have 10 Alliance and 10 Horde characters on my realm. (I can camp both AHs too :P)
Right now I have almost nine characters at 85 and I'm going to have every class at maxlvl before MoP's coming out. Some classes twice.

Also to sink into the World of pvp was really great this year.

Another great thing I have to mention is my new Guild I found this year. My old One was really successful in raiding (best on realm), but they failed so hard in being polite, friendly or helpful. Beside all that "fame", it was the worst and hardest time for me in WOW. These people in my new Guild are so different. They can't play, they have no clue about their classes and need 83746281944772 wipes to learn a boss but hey - they are f*cking awesome! I never had so much fun, they're so nice, I guess I'll never leave this Guild. Thank you so much.


What was the best thing you bought?

I'm a mean person, I didn't buy anything, haha. :(

What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?

Did I miss something in 2011? ... To be honest, I hope 2012 will be as good as 2011.
I did so many different things... Making gold, leveling, achievements, raids, battlegrounds... I would not say that I missed something...

What was your biggest achievement of the year?

Mmmmh, I think there's none achievement I'm REALLY happy about it with my main character, but I totally freaked out when I got some little bit more complicated pvp achievements with my warlock.

What was your biggest failure?

To get one-hitted by a rouge when I was at 19/20 killing blows achievement...

What do you wish you'd done less of?

Camping in front of the auction house. I'm addicted to new ideas, strategies, undercut-war, this stuff brings so much fun, I often have problems to log off. (AH is always the first and the last thing I do when playing WoW)


What did you do in the World of Warcraft in 2011 that you'd never done before?

Rated battlegrounds! This is one of the best things which came along with Cataclysm. I always rather played random battlegrounds than doing big steps in the arena. (Arena = boring) And that I'm now able to gain conquest points by rated battlegrounds is so great!

I also tested new talent specs, f.e. feral cat, shadow priest or arms and had a lot fun with that.

What was your favorite new place that you visited?

Mhhhh I discovered no "new place".

What was your favorite WoW blog or podcast?


It wouldn't be fair to pick a favourite blog/podcast. Every blogger has is own strategies and experience, there is no false / right handling in WOW because everything is possible.

Tell us a valuable WoW lesson you learned in 2011.

Do it your way and trust no one. No matter what other people say, you're doing it right. I met so many people who grant you N O T H I N G. I had to comment every sh*t, but when I was excited about something, there was only jealousy and sneer. To disengage from those people was my little challenge this year. It's sad that I can't talk about my successes (just to SHARE them, not to show off), because I would only hear "uhm...lol.... okay.. but that's not perfect / right". Especially in this gold making-scene, there's so much jealousy. What some people reached in a year and more took me three months and you want to tell me that I'm doing it wrong?
No, I do it my way.





So 2011 was a really good year for me in WOW and real life and I hope 2012 will be as good (better would be okay too :P).
I wish everybody a happy new year, keep well and fit and may all your wishes come true.

1 Kommentar:

  1. You have a great 2012 mate, and remember one thing, you have one thing that nobody else have, "you", its this simple.

    AntwortenLöschen